Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ole'!


Well at the exact moment that I am writing this blog there are 14 days 21 hours and 35 minutes until that kick off of the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. If you know me, you know that I have grown up my whole life playing soccer...if you really know me, you know that I was born and raised in Australia until I was 10 years old... so if you combine the two you know that I am very excited for this years world cup and I am expecting the Soccerroos (not the coolest name I know) to have good showing and at least make it to the knock-out round.
I guess this was a bit of inspiration for my American culture storytelling project; I am going to talk about the (slow) rise of soccer in the United States. As you probably know soccer is easily the most popular sport in the world and it is true "football", just don't try to tell that to any meatheads in the US. I think that the Siberians may relate to this topic since soccer is a popular Russian sport. It should be enjoyable. Well looking forward to tomorrow nights Arts Festival!
Lets Go Mets!

2 comments:

  1. Did you see the Vanity Fair spread? Whoa...I'll will be watching now. Maybe i could get a team shirt at Marshall's on sale...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Teri, I think North Korea would look great on you.

    ReplyDelete